Search This Blog

Thursday 30 December 2010

Rock And Chips

  Rock and Chips is a spin-off of the BBC series Only Fools and Horses, showing the origins of Del Boy and Rodney Trotter, which was screened on BBC television last night. The programme is set at Christmas time in 1960, and at one point in the programme, in the Trotter flat their Grandmother was watching an episode of Danger Man, one of the 25 minute series. I believe by what I heard, and not seen unfortunately, that the episode being shown was Bury The Dead. Because I hear the sqealing of tyres as in a car chase, and at the beginning of Bury The Dead, is a car chase, or race I should say. But that of course is pure speculation.
I'm obliged, as John Drake would say.

2 comments:

  1. Well spotted.

    For a couple of years, I thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Steve,

      How the devil are you? I take it your recent move to a new home went well. It's good to hear from you again.

      Yes, I liked the way that 'Rock and Chips' reflected the time it was set in, even to use a very popular television series of the day on set. I wonder if a member of the production crew was a fan of 'Danger Man,' after all they could have used any televsion series of the day, 'Coronation Street' to name another.

      Kind Regards
      David
      BCNU

      Delete