Search This Blog

Sunday 16 October 2011

Thought For The Day

    Patrick McGoohan said that John Drake resigned, well I never saw John Drake resign in the series. I sat and watched the Prisoner resign, and I can understand Patrick McGoohan resigning from his role of Danger Man John Drake, the storylines getting stale, repetative, I mean how many times had Drake to go to rescue a British agent because he had been betrayed by a member of his own spy ring, or clear up someone elses mess? I can see why John Drake would want to resign, having to do the kind of dirty work he was asked to do. But could British Military Intelligence allow a man like John Drake to roam free, and even if they did, what kind of work would he find to do? Perhaps he would be forced to go 'freelance' like McGill of Man In A Suitcase!
BCNU

No comments:

Post a Comment