Search This Blog

Monday 21 November 2011

The Prisoner Fandom

  This is a fanzine produced by Once Upon A Time formally the Sussex Group based in Britain who called themselves friends of the Prisoner. The Sussex Group was a breakaway group from Six of One: The Prisoner Appreciation Society, which gradually evolved into Once Upon A Time which became based in America I believe.
   I was once a subscribing member of Once Upon A Time back in the 1990's. Admittedly my subscription lasted only a year, but I was able to collect several issues of the clubs fanzine through back-numbers, although they were not quite my cup of tea I have to admit. Nor did I really get anything out of being a member of Once Upon A Time, but that's nothing against the fan club itself.
    Of course I had also been a subscribing member of Six of One at the time, and a very active member even if I do say so myself within the society. And I learned one thing, I was told never to tell any of the co-ordinators of Six of One that I was also a member of Once Upon A Time, because there was still a great deal of bad feeling from the co-ordinators of Six of One towards those of Once Upon A Time, those of the former Sussex Group.
   Does Once Upon A Time still exists as a fan club for the Prisoner I wonder? Perhaps there is someone out there reading this who knows, and could tell me. I used to be able to find the Once Upon A Time website, but I cannot find it now. Although I did find The Tally Ho website which is American based. And that is the thing about fandom for the Prisoner, do fans still feel the ned to be a memeber of a group, club, or society. Or are they more happy as individuals, gaining information from the World Wide Web, and reading blog to do with the Prisoner such as mine?    Be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment