Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Thought For The Day

    The Village enjoys non-alcoholic Gin, Whisky {24 work units}, and Vodka {16 work units but I don't think there's anything significant in that}, which in itself is a form of torture. Citizens are not allowed to get drunk and forget the Village for at least a few hours. So temperance is enforced on the good citizens of the Village, prohibition in fact.
   Yet as a friend once told me, alcohol is the best truth drug. Get someone drunk and they'll happily talk their head off!
   Also in having non-alcoholic drink in the Village, was McGoohan once again showing things to come? As at the time I don't think there were non-alcoholic drinks, well apart fron Coca-Cola, Pepsi, or fruit juices. But then non-alcoholic beers came along, now there is the addition of non-alcoholic wine, I don't think brewers have got so far with Gin, Whisky, and Vodka yet.    I'll be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment