Search This Blog

Thursday 22 March 2012

Postcard From The Village

    I collect both Prisoner and Portmeirion postcards, and this one is a particular favourite of mine, well I like the view. I've aslo purchased items of Portmeriion pottery, from their 'seconds' shop, I could never afford to pay their full prices from the Ship Shop.
   There is a store TK MAX which sells Portmeirion pottery. In fact only the other week I purchased a Portmeirion mug from the store for £4.99. Then last Friday as I was perusing the stalls of a bric-a-brac market, when I came across a 1960's Protmeirion coffee set, priced at £25. I got talking to the stall holder, and he said that Portmeirion no longer make their pottery at Stoke-on-Trent, but have moved the production to China. All that remains of Portmeirion at Stoke-on-Trent is the Visitor Centre!!!!

BCNU

No comments:

Post a Comment