Search This Blog

Friday 14 December 2012

Thought For The Day

Number 6 Or Number 1 - Its All McGoohan!
    With the Prisoner, in the later-made episodes, you are not watching an actor playing the role of No.6, you are seeing McGoohan playing himself! “I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I” as the delegates of the Assembly chanted in ‘Fall Out.’
   Patrick McGoohan was never very forthcoming about what the Prisoner was all about. I often wondered if he actually knew, or whether he was just making it up as he went along. When asked a straightforward question, McGoohan was hardly ever known to give a straightforward answer. He described the series as "the battle between the good and evil in oneself." But the series certainly never started out like that. More of a superior spy thriller, which is how story editor George Markstein saw ‘the Prisoner.’ For the late Patrick McGoohan, ‘the Prisoner’ became an obsession. He's not the only one, is he readers.............

I'll be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment