Search This Blog

Sunday 12 May 2013

Who's That On The Telephono?


    No.2 "What is it? What do you want?"
    No.12 "It's the shopkeeper, I'm on black."
    "What, what are you talking about?"
    "It's the shopkeeper I'm on black."
    "Yes I heard that. But what do you want?"
    "What are you on?"
    "I'm on the telephone listening to you talking absolute gobbledy-gook!"
    "I mean what colour telephone are you using?"
    "What's that got to do with the price of fish?"
    "Nothing sir."
    "Well get on with it, and tell me what you want."
    "Number 6 has just bought a bunch of daffodils."
    "Are you telling me.........are you telling me that you've telephoned me just to tell me that Number 6 has bought some flowers?"
    "Yes sir."
    "So what if Number 6 wants to watse his Work Units on flowers, what's that to me?"
    "Well I thought you would want to know. And who has he bought them for?"
    "Well I know they're not me!"
    "Yes but why should Number 6 buy flowers?"
    "Perhaps he likes flowers. Now ring off, I've more important things to do than bandy words with the likes of you!"
    "Yes sir. But he also bought some sulpher, charcoal, saltpetre, and a cuckoo clock. It strikes me that Number 6 is going to make a bomb!........hello are you there Number 2?....... Oh he's rung off, he must be in one of his moods!"

BCNU

No comments:

Post a Comment