Search This Blog

Thursday 14 January 2016

The Prisoner At 5o

    This year is the 50th anniversary of the production of ‘the Prisoner,’ the year Patrick McGoohan resigned his job as 'Danger Man' which had made him become a household name. No not carbolic, and not domestos either! Planning and preparations for the production began this year, as did filming in August. So really I should watch ‘the Prisoner’ series in celebration. But in 2017 I intend to watch the series as I once did when I was twelve, on the night ‘the Prisoner’ was screened according to ITV’s regional network station of Anglia television, which will take me into 2018 if I keep to the schedule, and in black and white. If I watch it on video, my current player has the capability of turning programmes to black and white. Oh and to make it right, I must watch the two ‘Danger Man’ episodes ’Koroshi’ and ‘Shinda Shima’ before those of ‘Once Upon A Time’ and ‘Fall Out.’ ITV had to screen the two final ‘Danger Man’ episodes while the production of the series caught up, which had got behind in December 1967 and January 1968. Well if something is going to be done for the 50th anniversary it might as well be done properly. This way might seem rather extreme, but to watch ‘the Prisoner’ series as it is can be done at any time. I suppose I want to try and relive the moment of 50 years ago, but to do that would mean forgetting everything I’ve learned about ‘The Prisoner,’ and that’s impossible!

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment