Search This Blog

Monday 3 April 2017

Who’s That On The Telephono?


    “Number please.”
    “What do you mean Number please?”
    “What is your number sir?”
    “Two, I am Number Two.”
    “Oh really sir!”
    “Would you get off the line, I want to make an announcement.”
    “Oh there’s no line sir, all the telephones are cordless.”
    “I know that, it was a figure of speech.”
    “So you have an announcement to make.”
    “Yes.”
    “What’s it about?”
    “What’s that got to do with you?”
    “Well if it’s important I’ll listen in.”
    “And if it isn’t?”
    “I’ll get back to my knitting and ignore the whole thing.”
    “What’s your number?”
    “Wouldn’t you like to know!”
    {click the line goes dead}
    “Stupid woman! This is Number Two, I have an important announcement to make. All telephone operators will report to Number Two immediately. I shall repeat that, all telephone operators are to put down their knitting and report to Number two immediately..................”

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment