Search This Blog

Saturday 22 July 2017

Thought For The Day

    50 years of ‘the Prisoner,’ who would have thought it? And during this year the series actually screened on television by ‘True Entertainment.’ Perhaps they will screen it again before the year is out, I hope so. Mind you I’ve my own screening later in the year, commencing on October 6th, that’s when I first watched ‘Arrival,’ a few days after it was first screened on September 29th 1967 on ATV Midlands and Grampian being part of ITV regional network at the time. But I shall watch the series in black and white, and leaving a two week gap in January 1968, just as it was with the original transmission due to the fact the screening had caught up with production.
    I worked out the other day that I’ve been writing about ‘the Prisoner’ for 28 years, that’s an awfully long time. But I’ve enjoyed it, and I’m still enjoying it. What’s more from time to time the Prisoner does manage to give up one or two of its secrets even after 50 years which is most pleasing when it does. It would be nice to see ‘the Prisoner’ Mini-Moke
HLT 709C fully restored this year. But no-one appears to know where the Mini-Moke is, nor who now owns her, but hope she is in good and caring hands after her hard toil as a farm runabout, and eventual abandonment in the back of an old barn on a farm in the Netherlands back in the late 1960’s.

Be seeing you







No comments:

Post a Comment