Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Village Life!


   “I always think people like you are better treated than people like me!”
   “How do you mean?”
   “Here I am, Number Two, Chairman of The Village, eating scraps from a prisoner’s table, and me the boss!”
   “Marmalade?”
   “I don’t get privileges like this you know. No-one brings me my breakfast on a tray. Nor do I have a comfortable cottage like this.”
    “No?”
    “No. I have a room in the basement of the Town Hall!”
    “You should take it up with Number 1.”
    “He doesn’t care. He says I’m not here to enjoy myself, there’s work to be done!”
    “Well people like you are here one minute and gone the next.”
   “And you are staying?”
   “Until I find a way out.”
   “Escape, why would you want to do that? You’re living the life of Riley here, you don’t know when you’re well off that’s your trouble!”
   “Everything has a price.”
   “Yes it does, and I’m not paying it!”
   “Have we asked you to? Have we asked you to pay for anything, or work for it? No.”
    “You would change places with me?”
    “What the inmates running the asylum, what kind of Village would it be then?
    “An empty one!”

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment